Monday, May 11, 2009

Wow.... that was a dark moment

I am much better now lol. I had a fun time with the family on Monday, and I'm back to thinking positively. I've been way too lax about my diet lately, so I'm thinking I'm going to do a 3 day water fast to get the impurities out and start again. I want to be able to run until feel like I'm going to die lol. Well, or at least feel like I'm going to puke. I WILL get into the Marines. That isn't just a goal but it WILL happen. I'm too determined to not let it. I WILL get my degree in December, and I will STOP feeling sorry for myself about boys. They are just a distraction at the moment. I will have plenty of time for them when I have accomplished something with myself. If I let boys get on the brain then I will become very pathetic in feeling sorry for myself and I won't let that happen. I have too much going on to become dragged down by a non-consequential matter.

However, putting that aside, I did come to a conclusion today that while opposites may attract, they are not conducive to a good relationship. While it is healthy to disagree every once in a while, you cannot have a healthy relationship if you can't ever agree on anything. I was dating a guy that was like that. He was into politics and philosophy, and I'm into law and practicality. I listen to just about everything, he only listened to one type of music. I read many different types of books and he would ONLY read biographies/autobiographies or philosophical books. He believed that all drugs should be legalized and in 3rd trimester abortions, and I am solidly against that. The list went on and on and I realized that I was just getting too angry. Our debates had long gone past the friendly stage. He makes a good friend but wouldn't have made a very good boyfriend for me. It took a little while after that, but we are back to being on friend terms. That is very enjoyable.

Anyways, it is time for me to head out to class. Contracts may not be the most fascinating subject in the world, but at least we got past Consideration so maybe I will no longer get the urge to fall asleep in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment