Thursday, December 18, 2008

Oh what a day

So whenever I'm feeling a little down, there are a couple things that I can do. One, I can watch a video of my friend's two year old having the worst tantrum I've ever seen or heard of because she didn't want pigtails that day... Two, I can look at some of Manda's pictures on her myspace from icanhascheezburger.com...... Three, I can fall down the stairs.

Lmao or at least, those were my solutions today. The first two worked, not quite so much the third one. Between falling in the parking lot on saturday having a snowball fight, falling in the crosswalk on sunday, falling down the stairs AND tripping over the laundry hamper today, I think that by the time Christmas rolls around I'm just going to be one big bruise. But at least, like my mom pointed out, I'll be festive. I'll be green from the fading bruises, and red from the different scabs. Lol yes we are grossly funny.

However, the name of this post is "Oh what a day" for a reason. I woke up on time *gasp* and was able to get ready and make myself a lunch long before my mom was ready to go *double gasp*. It started snowing again right as we left our driveway. I was at work a half hour early, and that's when things started to change. Everything was going wrong, to put it mildly. Long story cut very short, I was supposed to work 8-2....that got changed to 7:30-2....that got changed to 7:30-7:30....and then THAT got changed to 7:30-5:30 cuz the big U-Haul Kahuna decided that we needed to shut down all the U-Hauls from West Seattle going north early. Thank god for me! Lol. I was NOT looking forward to shutting down the store BY MYSELF when I've only worked there FOR ONE WEEK! Talk about WAY too much pressure.

However, I wasn't able to make it to my school to make my first tuition payment. Does this mean that I am hanging my head and crying cuz I got booted from all my classes? NO! Lol. It took forever but I was finally able to get ahold of the cashiers office. Now because I sign a contract each quarter for my installment payments, they could not take my debit card over the phone without having my contract physically there in person. NEVER FEAR! The woman on the other end of the phone remembered me, and mentioned about how she remembers about how I'm always so nice, and sometimes bring them cookies (lol yea I'm just that much of a nerd), so she said "Caitlin, Merry Christmas. I'm extending your deadline until the 29th. You can keep all your classes."

*does the snoopy happy-dance*

Now see, THAT'S why you suck up to the staff around the campus, not just your instructors. It can seriously help you in the end.

Anyways....you wanna know what's really on my mind?
.
..
...
....
.....
......
.....
....
...
..
.
I have a coffee date on sunday. It's the first time I've ever been asked to coffee. I feel so grown-up *tear*. Lol. The last time I remember going for coffee, where we were actually sitting down for serious conversation, was back when I was in high school and we were having a meeting to try and figure out how to keep SADD afloat with all the club officials graduating that year. So yea...times have changed since then. I dunno. I'm excited. I'm nervous. It seems kinda intimate and I'm afraid I'm going to go all shy and make a complete mockery of myself, especially because I can talk to him just fine on the phone for a long-ass time lol. Plus, if we have a lot of fun I would want him to come up and hang some more at my house probably, but I'm supposed to be baking that day with my mom....and the last time I invited a guy to chill at my house, well, most of you know how that went......not good, to say the least. And my gparents are supposed to be over this weekend, so BOTH my parents might be home PLUS my gparents, and if I do really like this guy like I believe I do, I don't want him to get scared off by my family.... especially Pops. Cuz he's kinda intimidating. Oh well. Maybe I'm just overthinking/over-analyzing this whole situation....I tend to do that...

But anywhozer, my wrist is starting to throb like nothing else cuz of everything I had to do with it...like shove apart two several hundred pound trailers that got frozen together...and lift an even heavier trailer onto a truck hitch....and catching myself on the stairs.....and doing the gingerbread house with my mom....and now all this typing I did. Oh...I didn't mention what I actually did to my wrist? Hahaha dorky me....I sprained it when i fell on sunday.

So to wrap this up, here's some/most of the lyrics to Love Hurts, by Incubus

"Tonight we drink to youth
And holding fast the truth
Don't want to lose what I had as a boy
My heart still has a beat
But love is now a feat
As common as a cold day in L.A.

Sometimes when I'm alone I wonder
Is there a spell that I am under
Keeping me from seeing the real thing?

Love hurts
But sometimes it's a good hurt
And it feels like I'm alive
Love sings
When it transcends the bad things
Have a heart and try me
'cause without love I won't survive

I'm fettered and abused
Stand naked and accused
Should I surface, this one-man submarine?
I only want the truth!
So tonight we drink to youth!
I'll never lose what I had as a boy

Sometimes when I'm alone I wonder
Is there a spell that I am under
Keeping me from seeing the real thing?

Love hurts
But sometimes it's a good hurt
And it feels like I'm alive
Love sings
When it transcends the bad things
Have a heart and try me 'cause without love I won't survive"

No comments:

Post a Comment