Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Wow

I haven't posted since saturday. I am a terrible daily blogger, lol. Oh what has life been like for me... that's hard to say. I've been busy. I've been working. TODAY I CLEANED MY ROOM! It's a total "OMG" moment, I know. And today I am baking. I'm afraid that I've bitten off a little more than I can chew, but I bet I can get it done. I've got 4 recipes to do: Chocolate Blossom cookies, Mocha Crinkle cookies, Marshmallow Sandwich cookies, and Two-Tone Fudge (oh my I almost came very close to typing a bad word instead of fudge....that could have been bad). However, I have caught up on some of the different songs I've been meaning to retrieve from that wide world of the internet *angellic face*. It's just sharing, I swear officer. And as we all know, sharing=caring. Ok going off that slightly ridiculous topic, I still have to wrap my presents! I don't know how I'm going to get all this done, unless I wrap as cookies bake....hmm. Now that's a possibility.

My christmas is just so weird this year. It's always been the Martin side of the family comes over Christmas Eve, they leave in time for us to go to midnight mass, then we come home and go to bed, wake up for brunch, and the Murphy family comes over for Christmas Day. This year? Not happening. Both my parents work Chrismas Eve. The Murphy's? Uncle Shawn and his family are down in AZ, Uncle Pat and his family are in ID, Uncle Jeff and his family are sticking around Sedro Wooley. They've kinda all dispensed ever since both grandparents died. It's like, there's nothing left to keep them together. It's sad....I miss my family.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUT, things could be worse.

My coffee thing had to be cancelled on sunday cuz the huge amount of snow coming down. It was moved until saturday. Saturday it was cancelled because a corporate guy called me yesterday and asked me to work 6:30-5? on friday, and 6:30-4:30 on saturday. Ugh. Looooong days. But get this! He wants to come over and help me bake today because his family plans kind of fell through for tonight, and he wants to actually spend some time around me. Argh! The only person I've ever baked with in a home setting is my mom. In school, Sarah (angel food cake in Food Management). I haven't baked for a while....I don't want to screw up and make myself look like a dumbass. I don't mind looking like a dork if I'm trying to, but otherwise....I HATE looking stupid. With a passion. Sounding stupid is just as bad, but images stick better in peoples heads than words.

I've gotten slightly addicted to this song now ever since there was a bit of it on The Love Guru... yea I'm just that cool, lol.

And now I'm hearing this song Pops had me track down Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood by Santa Esmeralda. OMG it's so good! Had to get more of them. Looooove latin music...and Native music....and African music....oh jeez. I'm such a nerd.

Speaking of nerds... I always have people tell me that I'm weird. And yes, I know that I am. But no one can ever tell me what is the weirdest thing about me. I finally got an answer from someone. He said that I am the girliest geek that he knows. When I repeated this to another one of our friends, he agreed. Woot...?

And now he wants me to get Highway To The Dangerzone. It's kinda funny. He has absolutely no idea what to do with computers, but he wants me to DL music for him. Will he even know how to play it? Aw crap... he just put me on another music-grabbing spree. He reminded me of some of the other music I've been wanting to get but forgot.... I'm gonna get going so I'm not completely overloading my brain, especially with no coffee in my system

No comments:

Post a Comment